For the 16th time, the independent international Top Employer Institute has declared EDAG Engineering GmbH one of the best employers in Germany. Overall, the company achieved a score of almost 80 percent.
The certification attests to EDAG Engineering GmbH's employee-oriented working and development environment and EDAG's ability to hold its own in a challenging competitive environment. At the same time, the audit highlights ways for the company to respond even better to the challenges of the changing world of work and offer employees a modern environment tailored to their needs.
Outstanding results in several categories
EDAG achieved results of up to 100 percent for the general conditions and progress in the following categories:
- Modern working environment: Roof terraces, in-house canteens, think tanks and ergonomic workstations – at the Munich, Wolfsburg and Ingolstadt sites, for example, the company offers employees pleasant, modern working environments. The award also honored the flexible, location-independent working time models (full/part-time), remote options, and the hybrid collaboration via internal digital platforms.
- Benefits: Be it a Ticket-Plus card, a job bike or the option of setting up a working time account for early retirement or a sabbatical: EDAG Engineering GmbH offers a wide range of benefits that are regularly adjusted to the employees' needs and thus specifically promote their work-life balance.
- Future-oriented investments: Europe's EMC center at the Fulda site and the first simulator center i Wolfsburg are just two of numerous examples of the future-oriented investments the company is making as part of its company-wide strategy.
- Employer Value Proposition (EVP): The EVP is a value commitment that all current and future employees and managers can use as a guide. Internal training courses teach supervisors how they can pass on the company's values to their employees.
- Onboarding new colleagues: The onboarding program at EDAG Engineering GmbH is not a one-time thing – it's a journey. Once the contract has been signed, the new colleagues can use a digital platform to access information from the EDAG world even before their first day at work. On their first day at work and on the Welcome Day, they receive comprehensive support to get them off to a perfect start in the team. With the help of the data obtained in feedback processes, the Candidate Journey is continuously improved.
- Health management: Be it online training, heart age checks, preventive medical check-ups, yoga classes in the office, EA (Employee Assistance) programs or height-adjustable desks: EDAG pursues a holistic approach that promotes employees' physical and mental health.
As an engineering partner for complete vehicles and smart production plants, the engineering service provider offers its employees a wealth of prospects for their professional and personal development. Numerous innovative projects at national and international locations make the company one of the most attractive employers for both career starters and people with experience.
Holger Merz, CFO of the EDAG Group, sees the award as clear confirmation of his team's strategy: "We are constantly investing in HR development and new work environments. These subjects are extremely important for us to remain attractive as an employer. We offer many opportunities for advancement and further development, both for our employees and for potential applicants."
The independent Employer Institute puts companies through an extensive validation process covering numerous strategic and operative matters – including corporate strategy, HR development, sustainability, diversity and gender equality. The focus of validation is on internal processes, including talent strategy, apprenticeships, training, development and onboarding.